Monday 14 January 2013

Lipstick newbie? Try These!


Spot the most loved (battered by handbag) one!

So in terms of makeup I have tried most things but have never really been that interested with lipsticks, I don't have particularly full lips and have never thought lipstick really suited me. I have tried coloured lip balms and really enjoyed wearing them.
 



So for any of you lipstick newbies out there like me these Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain chubby crayons are brilliant. They offer a lightweight/ buildable lipstain and contain a moisturising balm. They are really easy to apply and add a nice sheen to the lips.
 
 



They are available in 12 colours from Boots at £7.99, they are on offer at the moment for £5!
 




From left to right I have the shades, Honey, Romantic and Crush. Honey is the perfect shade for daytime makeup and adds a nice subtle pink to the lips. I usually wear Romantic and Crush for more of an evening look. The colours last really well, in fact so well that even after a good cleanse my lips still had a smidgen of colour on them!
 
 



I should also mention that the Revlon balm stains are very similar to the Clinique Chubby Sticks. The packaging is exactly the same, not sure how they got away with that really...I haven't tried the Clinique chubby sticks yet so the only thing I can compare is the price, £16! I am not sure I would want to pay that much for a lipstick product just yet. I'm happy experimenting with the Revlon variety.
 
 
Happy pouting and thank you so much for reading.
 
 
xxx





















 

2 comments:

  1. I have just bought one of these today (Rose) in Boots at bargain price of £5.00...Boots have a deal on all Revlon lips, nails and mascara £5.00 each!!! I have 2 Chubby Intense balms which are a bit too much for work but these are lovely and have staying power. By the way liking your blog found you at the weekend and subscribed via Bloglovin....look forward to following you...Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your lovely comment! I feel a Boots splurge coming on...uh oh! X

    ReplyDelete